It was lovely to start 2018 with a family holiday to Lanzarote. This was my nephew’s first time on a plane and he loved it—even through heavy turbulence on the flight home. It was special to experience everything with him for the first time.
It was all-inclusive and I was expecting to come back fat. Fortunately the hotel had an amazing salad bar (yes, I get excited about salad).
- Visiting the volcanoes
- Holding lava rock in my hand. It’s scorching!
- Spending time with my nephew, Blake
- Getting some Vitamin D
- Reading Birdsong on my balcony with sparkling wine
- 2 year old tantrums. Respect to all parents out there!
- Seeing the camels chained together, having to heave fat Brits up a volcano
- My sister getting ill. There was a bug going round and quite a few of us got it. Fortunately I didn’t, which is a miracle considering I was sat next to my sister for 5 hours on a plane